Work Location: Bangalore
In their role, Associate Managers and Managers lead client engagements to help make better, faster data driven decisions. They apply first-principles based thinking to solve business problems. They do this by integrating the disciplines of math, business and technology to ensure that the analytics and hence insights we generate for our customers are consumable and actionable.
How will your typical day look like?
- Catch up with onsite counterparts to understand client requirements
- Synthesize the (sometimes ambiguous) information from the call with onsite and help your team make sense of it
- Decide the approach while thinking through possible deadlocks in advance. Typically our business problems cannot be solved using a linear/single line of thought. Some days, you would find yourself deeply engrossed in debugging a code, writing a program while on other days you could be designing an algorithm or defining the right architecture (That makes it all the more fun!)
- In the afternoon you’d meet up with some team members (over a working lunch!) to understand their problems/concerns and to enthuse them in general. We have an open work culture and encourage sharing of ideas
- You’ll also make time to attend some knowledge sharing sessions to awaken your senses post lunch. The topics are an interesting potpourri of ideas ranging from Casino Gambling to Social Media Analytics to Analytics in counter terrorism. You will present some of these yourself eventually
- The workday stretches into late evenings and you’d find yourself talking to the client, presenting insights from work your team performed during the day. You’ll close the day by addressing concerns if any
- In short, a day would involve hands-on delivery – be it brainstorming on a project, or writing some algorithm in SAS/R/Java or whatever technology it takes, preparing a deck
What do we expect from you?
- Ability to make sense of ambiguity: To lead your team out of murky waters and keep the spirits high in the process
- Belief in an internal locus of control: We like people who believe that they have the ability to influence other people and processes, to mold the environment in a way that helps achieve the team’s goals Ability to apply first principles and structured approaches to problem solving as opposed to relying excessively on past domain expertise alone
- Belief in the “fail fast and learn” way of doing things rather than sitting out of the process
- An open mind and pleasing personality with good comfort level in interacting and motivating people from diverse backgrounds
- A strong appreciation for Math, Business and Technology and an appetite to get your hands dirty with any/all of them as required
What do we offer you in return?
- One of the most challenging and diverse work environments where “learning” is a way of life
- Top notch peer group which will force you to expand your envelope of capabilities
- An open culture where counterpoints are encouraged and the emphasis is on collaborative learning
- Guarantee that you will enjoy every work day while being a part of a select group which will redefine the way decisions are made across the world
- Bachelors in Engineering / MBA with 3- 7 years of experience from premier institutions.
- 3- 7 years
Mu Sigma one of the largest Decision Sciences and analytics companies in the world, with over 2,500 Decision Sciences professionals, and over 75 Fortune 500 clients across 10 industries in 10 countries. We have driven disruptive innovation in the analytics industry with our interdisciplinary approach combining business, math and technology, and integrated decision support ecosystem comprised of technology platforms, processes, methodologies and people.
For more details on Mu Sigma visit our web site www.mu-sigma.com
Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org