Work Location: Bangalore
Mu Sigma is a category defining Decision Sciences and Big Data Analytics Company helping enterprises institutionalize data-driven decision making. Mu Sigma’s unique interdisciplinary approach and cross-industry learning drive innovation in solving high-impact business problems across marketing, risk and supply chain. With over 3500 decision scientists and experience across 10 industry verticals, Mu Sigma has been consistently validated as the preferred Decision Sciences and analytics partner. Mu Sigma provides an integrated decision support ecosystem of products, services and cross-industry best practice processes transforming the way decisions are enabled in enterprises for more than 140 Fortune 500 clients.
At Mu Sigma, we believe in “leadership” over “management”. We want to create leaders and becoming a leader is a continuous pursuit. We are looking for people who believe in our philosophy of continuous pursuit of leadership.
We are looking for Apprentice Leaders who can learn to lead client engagements to help make better, faster data driven decisions, and benefit from changes in their business environment. They apply first-principles based thinking to solve business problems. They do this by integrating the disciplines of math, business, technology and design thinking to ensure that the analytics and hence insights we generate for our customers are consumable and actionable. They coach and mentor Decision Scientists who aspire to become future Apprentice Leaders.
How will your typical day look like?
- Catch up with onsite counterparts to understand client requirements
- Synthesize the (sometimes ambiguous) information from the call with onsite and help your team make sense of it
- Decide the approach while thinking through possible deadlocks in advance. Typically our business problems cannot be solved using a linear/single line of thought. Some days, you would find yourself deeply engrossed in debugging a code, writing a program while on other days you could be designing an algorithm or defining the right architecture (That makes it all the more fun!)
- In the afternoon you’d meet up with some team members (over a working lunch!) to understand their problems/concerns and to enthuse them in general. We have an open work culture and encourage sharing of ideas
- You’ll also make time to attend some knowledge sharing sessions to awaken your senses post lunch. The topics are an interesting potpourri of ideas ranging from Casino Gambling to Social Media Analytics to Analytics in counter terrorism. You will present some of these yourself eventually
- The workday stretches into late evenings and you’d find yourself talking to the client, presenting insights from work your team performed during the day. You’ll close the day by addressing concerns if any
- In short, a day would involve hands-on delivery – be it brainstorming on a project, or writing some algorithm in SAS/R/Java or whatever technology it takes, preparing a deck
What do we expect from you?
- Ability to make sense of ambiguity: To lead your team out of murky waters and keep the spirits high in the process
- Belief in an internal locus of control: We like people who believe that they have the ability to influence other people and processes, to mold the environment in a way that helps achieve the team’s goals Ability to apply first principles and structured approaches to problem solving as opposed to relying excessively on past domain expertise alone
- Belief in the “fail fast and learn” way of doing things rather than sitting out of the process
- An open mind and pleasing personality with good comfort level in interacting and motivating people from diverse backgrounds
- A strong appreciation for Math, Business and Technology and an appetite to get your hands dirty with any/all of them as required
- Willingness to do an honest and continuous evaluation and development of your leadership skills
What do we offer you in return?
- A continuous learning environment that will nurture you to become a great leader
- One of the most challenging and diverse work environments where “learning” is a way of life
- Top notch peer group which will force you to expand your envelope of capabilities
- An open culture where counterpoints are encouraged and the emphasis is on collaborative learning
- Guarantee that you will enjoy every work day while being a part of a select group which will redefine the way decisions are made across the world
- Bachelors in Engineering / MBA from premier institutions.
- 3- 10 years
Send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org